Welcome to Show #207!
Summer’s down for the count, but Tim and Bret soldier on! Tim also restrains himself from mauling Bret for even bringing up the myth that mankind has not landed on the Moon.
But yeah, it’d be real nice if we started landing on other planets and moons again.
Discussion: This episode is all about the justice, law, and the legal system as portrayed on Babylon 5, and how much it did or didn’t influence the story as a whole.
The guys discuss, amongst other things:
* legal entanglements involving telepaths and PsiCorps
* whether or not petty street crimes exist in Minbari society
* that the conundrum of what’s legal to one race and isn’t to another wasn’t addressed
* how hard it would be to develop a Universal Code of Justice amongst diverse worlds
* what became of the justice system on B5 after they broke away from Earth Alliance
* whether Sheridan was a criminal and a terrorist, or a hero and a freedom fighter
Feedback: Kurt in St George brings up what he thinks was a missed opportunity with Lyta in Season 5; Rapid Eye surmises how insects might have been wrangled on the set; Roger wonders where Delenn got the authority to break the Grey Council and why they abided with her declaration; Hated Bunny comments on the statue of the Centauri goddess Li having tentacles… (HB, the goddess and the average Centauri female are differently endowed, remember?)
Lurker’s Guide 2.0: Summer is starting a push to get Lurker’s Guide 2.0 completed and finished, including missing collectibles, photos of magazine covers and toys, and all sorts of other B5 goodies that didn’t get included in the original guide during the years after Crusade. Let her know if you want to lend a hand.
More Parody/Filk Songs Wanted: If you know of any more B5-related fan songs out there, definitely let us know, so we can let other B5 fans know where to buy them! And if those CDs are out of print, let’s brainstorm on ways to get those songs back out there for fans!
Babylon 5 Information Gathering: If you know of a dead or abandoned B5 related website that may be in need of a new home, let Summer know! Maybe we can mirror it here or house it on a sister site.
If you can, Please Donate to the show!