Babylon Podcast #262: Mondopalooza Part 2

There’s nothing quite like playing Devil’s Advocate in a Babylon 5 argument you’re having with yourself.

Feedbackapalooza: The Feedbacking continues, as we hack our way through the backlog, clearing the way for future voicemails to come in about the comics, novels, and collectibles.

Joe C’s continues to make his points on what might have happened in Crusade Season 2, surrounding the cure for the plague, and possibly integrating more original B5 characters into the story; Andrew from Tucson tells about finding B5 action figures at used bookstores in Phoenix; Gary reminds us all that the Chronologies book will be going “out of production” on February 29th, but a brand new series will be starting up on March 14th (See B5 Books for details on “Echoes”);

Neil comments on “The End of the Line” and how good he thinks it would have been if we’d seen it on screen; Neil throws out a suggestion for covering the non-trilogy novels; Neil wants to know how many B5 trading cards Summer had signed by B5 actors; Edmund weighs in on “The Lost Tales” revisited, and expresses his displeasure at not getting one final shot of Sheridan walking into the Zocalo, if this is the end of any B5 video we will ever get; Edmund wonders if there might not have been some other trap doors in the story abou Prince Vintari’s life on Minbar.

"Summer's Secret Lair" by Laith Preston

The time is here! Next up, we’re jumping into talking about the comics, followed by the novels. Do your homework, take notes, and if you’re joining us for the discussions, read up and get ready for us to call you!

Submitting your own Feedback: If you have any suggestions or comments, please let us know! Call, or just email us a comment you’ve recorded yourself!

Lurker’s Guide 2.0: Summer is expanding the documentation to be covered at Lurker’s Guide 2.0, the major change being converting the episode guide into a full Wiki with cross-referenced topics, tidbits and everything you’d want in a Wiki. She’s also still searching for pictures of rare collectibles, photos of magazine covers and toys, and all sorts of other B5 goodies that didn’t get included in the original guide during the years after Crusade. Let her know if you want to lend a hand.

More Parody/Filk Songs Wanted: If you know of any more B5-related fan songs out there, definitely let us know, so we can let other B5 fans know where to buy them! And if those CDs are out of print, let’s brainstorm on ways to get those songs back out there for fans!

Google Plus: https://plus.google.com/104298820388619922392

If you can, Please Donate to the show!

Promo: Critical Myth Podcast
Promo: Slice of SciFi

Related posts:

Comments

1. davekill says:

I’ve been savoring Echoes Of All Our Conversations Vol.1 since this show was recorded and now look forward to Vol 2.
    It’s the cast and crews turn to share stories and express their points of view in a wonderful series of interviews by Joe Nazzaro.

2. Lowell in Columbus says:

Thanks for posting the link! I got my copy ordered and saved an additional $17.15!!!!!!!!!!!!

A friend who I know likes B5 posted something on her Facebook status that ended “I like green.” I was compelled to write “Purple!” as a comment in response.

4. Satai (with Punsch) says:

Has the forum gone down or is it just the links that have stoped working?

5. There was a database issue with farpointforums.com, and I know Scott was working on it. I’m not sure how much progress he’s made on fixing/restoring the site, though.

6. There were problems? Wow, i have been away for awhile.

7. Yup. Goto http://www.farpointforums.com or to the actual BabCast forum link, http://www.farpointforums.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=31 and you’ll see there’s nothing there at the moment.

Given that it’s starting into 2 weeks downtime now, I have to wonder if Scott has exhausted all options at the ISP for recovering or restoring the database by now, and if it may not be recoverable this time.

8. Marcusfan says:

I found some filk/parody song lyrics! However, I thought I’d say something before posting any links. Most sites don’t like me putting links in comments.

9. No, go ahead and post the links, it should be fine. If you paste them without any HTML, they should not be filtered out

10. Satai (with Punsch) says:

There seems to be a lot of ”Echoes …” books coming out in the future. Perhaps there is the possibility of another interview show with the B5 book-team?

11. beavinator says:

Hey, are you guys still alive? I stopped paying attention for a couple months, then came back to discover I apparently haven’t even missed anything. What is the status of the podcast…?

• Neil Ottenstein says:

There are a few shows for which there are live feeds that haven’t appeared in their pristine form yet.

12. We are alive… just taking a break, some time off to recoup our focus and get our life issues under some semblance of control.

13. Gary The Great says:

The forums are back up! And I retained my post count, well most of it.

Thread 83 by 9 by 12 is still there, even though nothing is happening there.