Welcome to Show #253!
Tim and Gary talk about Pat Tallman’s new book, “Pleasure Thresholds”, and some of the anecdotes she’s covered in there, and Gary recommends it to Babylon 5 fans for the pictures and the behind the scenes stories.
Deep Geeking: Tim throws out the challenge to Gary and Jeremy: compare and contrast your favorite Captains: Sheridan (Babylon 5), Gideon (Crusade), Reynolds (Firefly) and Kirk (Star Trek: TOS)
1. If you’re planetside and pinned down in a firefight, who would you rather have calling the shots?
2. If you’re caught in a battle in space, ship to ship or small fleet to small fleet, who would you rather have calling the shots?
3. Which Captain would you want to have your back in a bar fight?
4. Which Captain would you want with you to stop a bar fight before it gets started?
5. Which Captain would be the best diplomat to negotiate an agreement between contentious factions?
6. Which Captain would you want as your wingman in the bar?
7. Which Captain would you want to get drunk with after you struck out? Who would have the best stories to tell over a beer?
8. Which Captain would you want to go talk with the brass when a project has gone wrong?
This isn’t to pick one captain over the others as the overall best, but to compare who they are and what they would do and who you would want to either follow or best handle a situation to get the best result possible.
Discussion: Tim went to his local Richmond Comic-Con, and discovered some B5 collectibles that he’d never seen before: the costume cards that at one time were near impossible to find!
Also, folks preparing to review and discuss the comics and novels with us (or for us), get ready… your turn will be coming up soon!
Lurker’s Guide 2.0: Summer is expanding the documentation to be covered at Lurker’s Guide 2.0, the major change being converting the episode guide into a full Wiki with cross-referenced topics, tidbits and everything you’d want in a Wiki. She’s also still searching for pictures of rare collectibles, photos of magazine covers and toys, and all sorts of other B5 goodies that didn’t get included in the original guide during the years after Crusade. Let her know if you want to lend a hand.
More Parody/Filk Songs Wanted: If you know of any more B5-related fan songs out there, definitely let us know, so we can let other B5 fans know where to buy them! And if those CDs are out of print, let’s brainstorm on ways to get those songs back out there for fans!
Babylon Podcast Social Communities:
Babylon 5 Information Gathering: If you know of a dead or abandoned B5 related website that may be in need of a new home, let Summer know! Maybe we can mirror it here or house it on a sister site.
If you can, Please Donate to the show!